Thursday, December 5, 2013

Happy FIRST birthday Wesley!

Sweet baby boy turned ONE yesterday! 



I had grand plans of this amazing post full of photos from the last year, but alas, I haven't gotten my act together in gathering, sorting, and picking the perfect photos. All that being said, I still wanted to post something from our little photo session yesterday and I think this one picture sums him up pretty darn well.

This child has been such an amazing light in our lives. A few things that make Wesley Wesley:


  1. Wesley never meets a stranger. He sees someone, anyone, and his whole face lights up. A coworker said it perfectly today, he smiles with his whole face. Sometimes, when we are out and about running the usual errands, I see him starring over my should with the biggest smile on his face, within a few seconds I hear a strangers voice talking to him. He has made eye contact and you just can't help but talk to this beaming child. This has an amazing way of making you feel really good about yourself. I think we all need a take a note from Wesley's book and smile more. It may just bring a little light to a dark day.
  2. His smiles aren't reserved for humans alone, he LOVES animals too. Sometimes I see that same smile when it's just us at home or we are getting in the car and I look around to see what he's smiling at to find Bailey, or a stray cat, or dog in a yard.. he watches them so intently and sometimes bursts out laughing in excitement. It's basically amazing. Lately, he's taken to laying across Bailey whether she's laying down or standing up. It makes me thankful Bailey is such a tolerant dog. She loves him. =)
  3. Wesley never sleeps (or so it seems). This is an exaggeration. Obviously he sleeps, but sometimes the nights we still have at one year old that he wakes up and cries for hours unless we plop him in bed with us, makes it feel like he never sleeps. I will never forget that first long month where I could count the number of hours we had slept on my hands. This boy has energy for days though. He ceases to amaze me in his ability to NOT sleep but continue to go go go with that big smile on his face. He is just so busy soaking up this big world.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WESLEY!! You are an absolute joy. A ray of sunshine. We love you and love living each and every day with you. Love you forever.

I'm thinking, after all this time, I will finally share his birth story. It seems like a proper way to celebrate his birth. I have thought about this all year because I sought out every birth story the internet holds while I was pregnant. They eased this anxious momma's mind. I feel like I need to pay it forward or something. Later this week. Maybe. Sometime between work and birthday party and ice storm prep, I'll find time.

Also, I think I found my new favorite family photo.

*Photo cred to my mom and her helping hands. What you can't see (or hear) is my mom talking like cookie monster to get this crazy, awesome smile.*

What are your thoughts on sharing birth stories on the world wide web? I know lots of people do, but there's something about it that makes me feel like I'll lose the intimacy of that moment, and another part of me that wonders - what if my coworkers read this? Would that be totally weird? At the same time, I'm afraid if I don't write it down, I will forget the bits and pieces I do remember forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment