Monday, November 4, 2013

Chew toys

Tonight, I came home from work and the first thing my husband did was hand me one of Wesley's board books. It looked like the dog had used it as a chew toy. I was wrong. Our conversation went something like...

J: Look.
Me: Whaaaaat?? Did Bailey do this?
J: No. Wesley!
Me: Whaaaat? Are you sure? This looks like a dog chewed it. How.. did.. he... 

I guess this teething stuff is serious. 

He just so happened to pick the newest book of the bunch too. As in, it arrived in the mail and I just opened the package yesterday. I guess he's telling me how he feels about it? I'm sorry Fox in Sox, it looks like it's going to take some time for W to decide you're an acceptable read. 

I guess we are due for more teeth. We made it a full month without new teeth, after 2 months of cutting teeth every other week. I'm just a little surprised he managed to chew through a book. At this point, I really shouldn't be surprised. I see this look at look at least 10 times a day...

Which requires me to bust out my ninja blocking skills to keep that sweet mouth from making contact. It usually goes something like..

W: eye contact - target identified. I will lick you now. Mouth open. Tongue out.
Me: Nooooooooooooo.... hand in to make the save!

I swear anything that can be touched will be licked and possibly chewed by this child. It has it's advantages though. My personal favorite is when he look right at me or my husband (eye contact made) and gives a big ole open mouth, tongue out kiss. So maybe he's not licking everything, he's kissing it. So loving this boy. 

What's the weirdest thing your child has licked or used as a chew toy? Does the mouthing have a sweet side?


No comments:

Post a Comment