Sunday, May 22, 2011

Heather "The Volunteer"

Those of you who know me, know that I have always been an animal lover. I used to bring home the neighborhood cats because I was not allowed to have one (my parents are both SERIOUSLY allergic). This didn't stop at home. I will never forget finding the newborn kittens with one of my besties, Brittney, taking them back to her house to raise. Naturally, a kitten was the first addition to my own little family once I was out on my own. 

Another little note about me... I have this incessant need to help others. I have always been a nurturer, really to a fault.

So pending graduation last December, my mind was already on volunteering. The natural fit - The Plano Animal Shelter. Even more natural, being one of the animal photographers. I don't know why I haven't shared before, but from now on I will share a few of the cuties from my days at the shelter. 

Today I worked with the dogs =)

Meet: Sarje
Breed: Beagle 


Meet: Sophie
Breed: Pit Bull



Meet: Rupert
Breed: Jack Russell Terrior



Meet: Earl
Breed: Pit Bull



Meet: Dumbo!
Breed: Pit Bull Mix



Meet: Blackie
Breed: Pit Bull Mix

A little piece of my heart breaks everytime I leave these sweet pups (and kitties). You can find all of these guys plus about 100 more HERE - petfinder.com  

Next time you're looking for the newest addition to your family, PLEASE consider checking out the Plano Animal Shelter. It's really an incredible facility. I've never seen a shelter like it before. 

Love you all =)



No comments:

Post a Comment